The Wing Singers Community Choir
- The Wing Singers is a choir for everyone – of all ages, all abilities and whatever experience – from beginner (including none!) to advanced choral work.
Summer and Christmas Concert Ensembles – ‘The Wing Singers Ensemble?’
- All members of the choir are invited to participate in the ensembles. There are no auditions and they are not selective. However, it should be noted that these groups are for those singers who want to be challenged, and who volunteer once requests have gone out – those who have confidence to learn pieces of music quickly (eg. two or three rehearsals, sometimes with a recording with which to practice at home) either learning by ear or by being able to read the score well.
- The pieces performed can be for anything from duets or trios to small or large ensembles.
- Once the Musical Director has a list of volunteer participants, she is able to select the repertoire and then allocate the singers felt best suited to each piece.
- Being part of the Summer and/or Christmas Concert Ensembles does not guarantee that all participants will be in every item, although they may be asked to sing in more than one song.
Solos (during choir public performances)
- Solo participation will be by invitation or audition only.
- All members of the choir are invited to participate in the soirées.
- Soirées are for those who wish to try something different, want to learn to stand in front of others to speak/perform, want to share favourite pieces, want to build more confidence and those who just love to perform and seek opportunities to do so.
- Soirées are for everyone of ALL abilities, confidence and experience.
- They are a safe environment, based on the Victorian parlour tradition of ‘music and prose’ around the piano, at home with the family.
Special Performances (eg. weddings, special occasions)
- Each event will be dealt with individually to meet the client’s requirements.